We’ve moved from pumpkin to peppermint around here, folks, and here’s a quick and easy recipe for a yummy dessert to share with friends or bring to a holiday party (or heck, enjoy for yourself). I previously shared a delicious blondie recipe in my Brownie Blondie Swirl post and decided to modify it slightly to fit the flavors of the current season. The great thing about this recipe is it basically uses one bowl, I don’t need to break out the Kitchen Aid mixer (hence fewer dishes to wash), and I was able to easily get it prepared after my son’s bedtime, leaving me more time for
sleep watching Carrie Underwood in The Sound of Music. I love the original Sound of Music. I could (and do) watch it at least once a year on TV even though I own the DVD. But I digress…
This recipe is really a keeper. What a great use for White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s! These blondies are thin and soft, chewy and buttery, with crisp M&Ms in each bite. Plus they look quite festive with the bright red and white candies dispersed throughout. I made them to give away but I’ll tell you, fresh out of the oven they were so good I halfway contemplated staying up even later to make another batch right away…thankfully I’ve got another bag of the M&Ms at the ready!
White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies (modified slightly from Averie Cooks)
nonstick cooking spray
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
9.9 ounce bag white chocolate peppermint M&M’s, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, and peppermint with a fork. Then stir in the flour until just combined. Add in 1 cup of the M&M’s.
3. Pour the batter in the pan, evening out the top with a spatula. Press the remaining M&M’s on top of the batter.
4. Bake for 23 minutes. They will still be soft and moist. Let cool in pan before slicing.
- Black and White Brownie Blondie Swirl (thedinnerpages.wordpress.com)